Friday, 17 May 2013

Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadow in 'Nox' - ombre-inspired eye look



The Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadow in No.10 "Nox" is one of the shadows which is part of Mirenesse's Boudoir Collection.  I have previously tried their Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadows and was impressed, and this particular trio of purples caught my eye, as they are colours which are so on-trend right now.  In addition, these trios make it easy to create an ombre eye look, as the colours are complementary, and you don't have to worry about searching through different shades of eyeshadow to find shades that will work well together.


All the info from Mirenesse

A trio of pure crushed natural minerals that blend seamlessly to create flawless eye with the latest fashion colours. Use wet or dry to create eye defining effects. Infused with a powerful rejuvenating peptide.  Ideal for long lasting professional blend eye makeup. Colours blend together effortlessly to create beautiful eyes.


My Review

This trio contains a sheer white, a vivid purple, and a deep charcoal-purple.  











I use the following steps to create an ombre-inspired eye look:

Step 1: After applying an eyeshadow primer to the entire lid, I apply the white shade, from the inner corner to the middle of the lid.  I like to use a contour brush, which allows a concentrated amount of eyeshadow to be deposited on the eye.  I use either the NARS Contour Brush (pictured), or the Mirenesse Contour Brush.















Step 2: Using the same brush, I apply the vivid purple shade so that it covers the middle to outer corner of the lid.  I start from the outer corner and work inwards, as this then deposits the most amount of colour on the outer corner, and gives a more even gradient effect between the two colours in the middle of the lid.












Step 3: Using a smudge brush (I like to use the Mirenesse Smudge Brush), I apply the dark charcoal purple into the crease, starting from the outer corner & working inwards - just to cover approximately the outer third of the crease line.  The brush is angled directly perpendicular to the crease, so that only the tips of the brush are in contact with the eyelid.


























Step 4: After applying into the crease, I then position the brush at the outer corner of the crease again, and then sweep down towards the lashline, creating a 'V' on the outer corner of the lid.













Step 5: I then use the contour brush, or a suitable blending brush, and blend the dark shade inwards into the crease, and also down towards the lashline.  

If needed, I reapply some of the white shade in the inner half of the eye, and some of the vivid purple in the outer half and blend again, until the desired depth and intensity is achieved.  

I apply concealer underneath the eye, and sweep it upwards towards the outer corner of the eye to sharpen the outer edge.  

Finished look:














In terms of the formulation of this shadow trio, I found that the intensity of the pigment and staying power was not quite the same as the regular line of Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadows.  I found that I had to go back and reapply the first 2 colours, because they had faded a bit by the time I had finished applying the 3rd colour.  And I always use an eyeshadow primer underneath - both to increase the intensity and staying power of my eyeshadows.  Still, the quality, pigment and lasting power of this trio is much better than some other brands I've tried.

Overall the Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadow in Nox is really nice - the colours are beautiful and work well together, and save the hassle of trying to match shades together if you want to create an ombre look.  

Official website: www.mirenesse.com

No comments: