Monday, 1 July 2013

AVEENO Stress Relief Moisturising Lotion - review


After the great results I had with the original AVEENO Daily Moisturising Lotion (review here), I couldn't miss the opportunity to try the AVEENO Stress Relief Moisturising Lotion.  Unlike the original lotion, which had the natural scent of colloidal oatmeal, this lotion has added scents of lavender, chamomile and ylang ylang, aimed at providing a sense of calm and relaxation.

All the info from AVEENO

Lavender, chamomile and ylang-ylang are scents known to promote relaxation.  The AVEENO Stress Relief range has incorporated these essences into formulations rich in natural colloidal oatmeal so your body is moisturised, cared for and relaxed - calming the body and the mind.

Whilst the practice of aromatherapy has been valued for its positive effects on the mind, body and spirit for centuries, AVEENO has fused this ancient practice with that of another, the use of oatmeal, a popular ingredient used by the ancient Romans and Greeks whom frequented oat baths to soothe skin ailments.  The combination of oatmeal and calming ingredients ensures AVEENO Stress Relief works to soothe skin and hold in moisture - providing a more holistic approach to skin health.

In fact, 85% of participants in a recent study noted that the AVEENO Stress Relief products help them to feel more calm and relaxed.

AVEENO Stress Relief Moisturising Lotion: This fast-absorbing, moisturising lotion helps to calm and relax as you massage it into your skin and is clinically proven to moisturise for a full 24 hours.  This non-greasy formula with the soothing properties of natural colloidal oatmeal provides long-lasting moisture.

RRP: $12.99 (354mL pump bottle)

My Review

As with the original AVEENO Moisturising Lotion, the Stress Relief Lotion has the same great properties that I loved about it - it has a great consistency (not too thin), distributes over the skin  really easily (so can easily be used to massage), and it absorbs right in without a greasy residue.  My skin feels soft and hydrated even after washing, and the dry and aggravated feeling on my skin (thanks to the cold weather and excessive hot water use!) is helped significantly.

In terms of the scent - it's actually not what I thought it would be like.  It doesn't have that 'typical' lavender scent that you would think of, nor do I smell any significant ylang-ylang or chamomile.  To me, it smells like a very fresh, slightly floral scent - it's very modern, and not a 'girly' floral scent.  In fact, my brother has helped himself to this lotion a few times, as he also suffers from eczema on his hands, and he thinks it smells nice - and so does my sister-in-law and my mum.  Whenever I have this lotion on my skin, I get comments about that 'nice scent' - and it really is.  So it's not a subtle scent, and if I have this lotion on areas where it is exposed (like my hands), then find that I don't really need to wear any additional fragrance. 

So in terms of providing a relaxing and calming feeling, for me it's not so much that I get that lavender type scent, but more because it's just a really nice scent - it makes me feel good (and smell good!).





























The verdict:  This lotion has the same skin soothing properties as the original formula, as well as the same great absorbing, non-greasy texture.  Although it is fragranced with lavender, chamomile and ylang-ylang, don't expect a 'traditional' scent, however the scent is really beautiful and modern.

Stockists: Pharmacies & Priceline nationwide

Official Website: www.aveeno.com.au

These products were generously provided for consideration, and has been reviewed in accordance with Chic Beauty's Disclosure Policy.  All thoughts and opinions expressed are the author's own.

No comments: